Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just Trust...

I was watching Dr. Joyce Meyer on TV the other day and she was talking about trusting God. Now I know I'm supposed to trust Him with everything, but just like most people, there are just some things that I think well, it would be nice...but that's impossible. I doubt. I don't really believe He can do the impossible sometimes. There are many examples in the bible of how God DID do the impossible, but the one that has always stood out the most to me is the story of Abraham and Sarah in Genesis 17. At 100 years old Abraham fathered a son...and even more amazing, at 91 Sarah gave birth to a son! 91!!! That's insane! Can you even imagine? No wonder they both laughed when they heard the news! Who wouldn't? And yet, they trusted God was going to do what He said. In Genesis 18:14 it says "Is anything to hard for God?" No...nothing...there is nothing too hard for God to do. There is nobody too far gone for God to reach...no child, no husband, no wife, no friend. He can heal any sickness, rescue anyone from an addiction, NO ONE and NO THING Is hopeless in His eyes. I never want to forget that, no matter how hopeless a situation may seem.

No comments: