Thursday, January 28, 2010

God, there's rocks in my stream!

In Elkmont Campground, in the Great Smoky Mountains is the Little Pigeon River. It's simply beautiful and one of my most favorite places on earth. It's full of boulders and rocks, and my mom and I love to go rock hunting down by its edge, hunting for that perfect smooth rock to paint something on. My boys used to love to search for little, flat, round rocks that look like coins. They called it "river money" and we always came home with ziplock bags full of it. Because of all those rocks, the sound of the river fills up the campground with its song...there are no words to describe how it calms your soul. My whole family goes back there every summer for a week. I wish I was there right now. I'll admit it, something has perturbed me. It's dumb really, and I know better than to let it bug me considering the source. Sometimes I wonder, why does God allow those things to get in our way? But then I realize...if life was always smooth sailing we'd be really bored and never learn anything at all. I've had some giant sized boulders fall in front of me before and I've overcome them by depending on God and believing His promises....this is more like a pebble in my shoe really. So I'm just gonna pray for that pitiful little pebble and shake it out of my shoe and move on! The brooke would lose its song if God removed the rocks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Amy whether big or small our Lord is right there taking the blows with us. I know he will take care of it when I do give it over to him. I love the place your talking about. My favorite place to be is the creek side watching the water flow. Our Lord knows where we can get that peace of mind. I will pray with you.
Jerrie

James Strickland said...

Very profound Amy. I'm taking a moment to thank God for the rocks :) Thank you!!!