Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It Blows Me Away...

Maybe I'm just getting older, having a "hormonal moment" a little more often, I don't know...but driving in to work this morning I saw the most beautiful sight. It was like an award- winning National Geographic photo...but it was real, and it made me cry. God just blows me away and at the most unexpected times. I cross the Brunswick and Cape Fear Rivers every morning on the way to work, usually just as the sun is coming up over the horizon. It is always beautiful, but this morning was simply glorious! There's no other word for it! Just as I rounded the corner to cross the Brunswick River, the sun peeped over the horizon, sitting there on the river which was as smooth as glass. The reflection of the sun on the river was just like a mirror. Beautiful pink and amber clouds surrounded it as a flock of birds flew across it's face. At that very moment I was singing along with the radio, just as I looked up and saw this awesome sight..."How Great Is Our God!" The timing could not have been more perfect. I felt in my soul God saying "Good Morning! I love you THIS much!" It was awesome!! As I crossed the bridge into town and rounded the corner, I was met with stopped traffic and a train. GREAT! I thought, now I'm gonna be late. I was starting to feel a bit agitated, and then I looked out the window. I was sitting right next to Greenfield Lake and just ask I looked up a beautiful crane flew gently across the lake and the spanish moss in the trees swayed gently in the breeze as the sun peeped through the branches. Wow...twice in one morning! It was gorgeous! I was delayed by the train at least 5 minutes and I just sat and stared at the lake, watching the mist rise into the sun. You know that saying, "Stop and smell the roses"? Make a point today to stop and see God's creation around you....watch & listen to that "still, small voice"...it's all around you!!

1 comment:

Tnfilly said...

That was beautiful Amy. Sometimes God just has to slow us down to make us appreciate what we have. Love you! Mom