Friday, October 5, 2012

Endurance

The last few months have been a struggle.  I've really been feeling ragged.  The journey God has laid out for me, and for my husband and children, has never been an easy one.  Don't get me wrong, we are indeed, very blessed in so many ways.  But I'm not gonna lie....the life of a Minister's family is not for wimps.  You have to be very tough, and at the same time very sensitive, keep your anger under control, but not be a push-over....balancing life in a "fish bowl" is never easy.  Sometimes I just want to run up to the glass and stick out my tongue at the world, haha!  But, I know that no matter what I'm feeling, be it exhausted or energized, depressed or encouraged, happy or sad...that I'm not doing it alone.  I have the One who placed every star in the sky walking with me, and if I fall down, He is right there to pick me back up every time.  Sometimes, you go through something that you simply don't know how to handle.  Just remember, if you place your trust in God, He will never leave you and with Him by your side, you can....Endure.

Endurance by: Amy Hartman York

This life sometimes throws things at me I think I can’t endure.
I think I can, I think I can, and then...I’m not so sure.
I try and try and try again, and fall down every time.
I long to just sit down and rest, yes that would be sublime.
But I can’t give up, I must press on, I need to run this race.
Because I know when all is done, I’ll see His precious face.
Yes, when I cross the finish line and my time here is done,
Into His precious arms I’ll walk, the race here, finally, won.



Hebrews 12:1-3
Such a large crowd of witnesses is all around us! So we must get rid of everything that slows us down, especially the sin that just won’t let go. And we must be determined to run the race that is ahead of us. We must keep our eyes on Jesus, who leads us and makes our faith complete. He endured the shame of being nailed to a cross, because He knew that later on He would be glad He did. Now He is seated at the right side of God’s throne! So keep your mind on Jesus, who put up with many insults from sinners. Then you won’t get discouraged and give up.

No comments: