Thursday, October 4, 2012

Forever...

This life is but a vapor, you blink and then it's gone. Treat every moment as a gift. Do your best to show love to others, so that when you're gone and they think of you, the memories make their hearts smile.


Forever - by: Amy Hartman York

I’m tempted to be sad and blue
every time I think of you.
Because time swiftly moves along
and soon, I fear, you will be gone.
I find my heart so filled with grief
on thinking you, too soon, shall leave
this earth behind and so me too.
I just can’t fathom losing you.
But then my heart doth smile again
when memories of you begin
to flood my heart and mind, and then...
I realize tho time is swift
I need to treat it as a gift.
And you, indeed, a gift of love
sent straight to me from up above.
So when my heart starts feeling blue,
I’ll simply smile and think of you,
and how your smile lights up my day,
and all my blues will melt away.  
Yes, tho I hope you’ll leave me never,
one day these earthly ties you’ll sever,
Yet within my heart... you’ll live, forever.

No comments: