Sunday, July 22, 2012

Handwriting on the Wall...

  Several years ago I was involved in a Beth Moore Study about Daniel. Of course the study talked about Daniel's faith and trust in God, and that even when he was in the Lion's Den, he still believed that God would keep him safe.  At this time in my life I was in a Lion's Den.  It was an intensely difficult time in my life and I really, to this day, don't think I have ever experienced such spiritual warfare, or such turmoil and angst.  I don't feel the need to go into detail about it, other than to say that I had been horribly betrayed and mistreated by someone who had claimed to be my closest friend.  During this time, I was given a verse by a friend, who was in the bible study with me, but didn't know what I was going through.  She just came up to me one Sunday and said, "God laid it on my heart to give you this passage.  I don't know why, and it kind of worried me.  I hope you're ok."  I assured her I was doing ok, and took the passage from her.  I didn't read it until I got home.  The passage was Psalm 55.  I won't write it all here, you can go look it up, but it was exactly what I was dealing with and I was floored.  I shouldn't have been, because God has promised to never leave me.  Then, later in the week, when I was at my Beth Moore bible study we read some verses in Daniel 5 which talks about a hand suddenly appearing and actually writing a message from God for the King on the plaster walls.   I commented to the lady sitting next to me that I so wished sometimes, especially at that moment in my life, that God's hand would appear and write on the walls to tell me everything was going to be alright.  Our class then went to the sanctuary to watch the video that always comes with a Beth Moore study.  As the video began, she looked right into the camera and said (and I'm paraphrasing), "Listen beloved sisters, I have a message for you from the most high God.  You may be in the Lion's Den but God is not going to leave your side"....and up there...ON THE WALL of that sanctuary....was Psalm 55!!  My mouth fell open, I came out of my seat and onto my knees, and the tears started streaming down my face.  It was a moment I will NEVER forget, and one I have shared with very few people, mostly because it was so very emotional then, and even now I get teary thinking about it.  Due to circumstances beyond my control that was the last night I was able to attend that particular bible study, but I had heard what God needed me to hear loud and clear.  And you know what?  He did get me through it, and although it was one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with, it made me a much stronger person.  It also solidified my trust in God's provision.  So let me just tell you, like my sister in Christ, Beth Moore, told me that day.....Listen to me beloved brothers and sisters, I have a message for you from the Most High God!  He loves you unconditionally, and He will not forsake you.  He will place your sins as far as the East is from the West and remember them no more.  He will write your name in the Lamb's Book of Life...forever sealed as a child of God.  The life we have on this earth is but a vapor, and then we will enter into eternity.  If you don't know that you know that you know where you will be spending that eternity...don't wait another minute.  If I'm wrong...I've got nothing to lose.  If you're wrong...you've got everything to lose.

By: Amy York

Psalm 55

No comments: