Saturday, July 21, 2012

Who am I?

I was just thinking today about my next birthday, coming up on September 3rd.  I will be turning 45!  I remember thinking (when I was 20 something) how old that sounded, and that it would be forever before I got there, and yet...there it is.  The funny thing is, it doesn't bother me at all!  I have arrived at a point in life where, I am truly happy.  Trying to find the words to explain it, I am at a loss.  I'm confident in who I am, and although I could stand to lose several pounds, I think I look pretty good for my age.  I am truly, extremely blessed with a husband whom I love with all my heart, and with whom I will celebrate 25 years of marriage to this January.  I'm blessed with three of the most amazing, talented sons a mom could ever ask for.  I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and a job that I love (most of the time, haha!).  It's not been the easiest of roads to get to who I am today.  There have been things along the way that brought me to my knees, to the very depths of the valley.  But God has been with me through it all.  I know there will be even more good times, and bad times, in the next 45 years, but I also know that God will never leave my side.  How anyone could get through life without Him, I cannot fathom.  So as I celebrate being "middle-aged", I want to thank each of you that have had a part in my life, because it is you who have helped make me who I am today.

Who am I?


I've often asked myself
who are you really now?
Can you describe in words
the who, what, when and how?

Of how you came to be
the one you are today.
This person I call ME,
Can I find the words to say?

Well I will certainly try
and start with just a few
words that tell you why
and perhaps give you a clue.

I'm happy, sparkly, sunshine.
I'm pink, and black and white.
I'm peanut butter cracker time.
I'm music, bright and light.

I'm tom boy, and I'm girly.
I'm barefoot all summer long.
I'm quiet, peaceful, joyful, curly.
I'm a quiet thoughtful song.

I'm laughing deep and hearty.
I'm camping, painting, fun.
I'm not the life of the party.
I'm the shy and quiet one.

I'm decent, patient, caring,
I'm polite, and calm and kind.
I'm strong and sometimes daring.
I'm a Christian, by Him designed.

I do not drink, or smoke or...well,
I do my very best
to be a good example
whenever I'm put to the test.

So that is about the gist of it
I've done the best I can do
I hope that explains me a bit
and makes you smile some too!  :)

By:  Amy York


Ephesians 5:1-2
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. 



No comments: