Friday, July 13, 2012

Just Keep Smiling



Just Keep Smiling


When I was in Jr. High School, I was skinny, had crooked teeth, and very frizzy, curly hair.  I was teased a lot.  Whenever someone would tease me, I would just smile because I didn’t want to give them the satisfaction of knowing they’d hurt me.  Because I was teased a lot...I smiled a LOT!  Thus I was given the nick-name “Smiley” by a girl who eventually became my friend.  Because of my experience, I have always done my best to be kind and decent to everyone whenever possible and “Just Keep Smiling”.  Those words have become my motto, and gotten me through some difficult times.  So, keep on smiling, even when you’re feeling blue, cause somewhere someone’s tired of trying, and your smile could help them through.  ;)  


People ask me why I smile a lot
Well it’s not that hard to explain.
I simply ask them well, why not?
Why frown, or sulk & complain?
I’ve always tried to be someone
Who brightened another’s day.
And when it’s all been said and done.
I hope I’m remembered that way.
So I’m gonna keep on smiling,
Even if I’m feeling blue.
Cause somewhere, someone’s tired of trying
And my smile could help them through.





By: Amy Hartman York


Proverbs 15:13
"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit."

No comments: